This new system focuses on access control procedures to ensure the protection of Active Duty personnel, residents, and civilian employees. These policies are intended to help Marines accomplish their mission and keep families aboard Camp Pendleton safe while allowing access to authorized personnel, contractor & vendors, and sponsored visitors.
You must stop at the Visitors Center Building at the Main Gate before you attempt to access base if:
- Your sponsor is not with you or can’t meet you to escort you through the gate
- You are attending a special event on base
- You are visiting one of the following recreational facility that are open to the public: Leatherneck Lanes Bowling Center, Marine Memorial Golf Course, Pacific View Event Center, Paintball Park and Stepp Stables
- You do not have a Valid: Military ID, CAC card or a Retiree ID (Veterans ID cards should not be used as a replacement for Retiree ID card or any other required official government ID)
You can go directly to a gate’s security checkpoint at a gate if you have a valid:
- Military ID, Retiree ID, CAC card
- You are accompanied by your Sponsor
- Have been issued a MCCS Recreation Visitors pass
What to do before you go to the Visitors Center:
- Find out from the recreational facility or sponsor if you can if you qualify for a long term visitor pass
- Bring valid identification
- Check the Visitors Center hours, and plan ahead for the extra time to check in
One-time visit and longer-term access is available for all MCCS facilities that are open to the public.
- DBIDS or Defense Biometric Identification System is a fully integrated identity management and force protection access control system.
- Unescorted visitors are required to obtain a DBIDS credential/pass in person at the Visitor Center in order to gain authorized access to Camp Pendleton.
- Contactors & vendors are also required to obtain a DBIDS credential/pass in person at the Base Access Control Center in order to gain authorized access to Camp Pendleton.
What is DBIDS?
The Camp Pendleton Visitor Center is located in Bldg. 20255T, adjacent to the Main Gate near Interstate 5. (See Map) The Center is intended to process visitors who have been pre-sponsored by base personnel. Those visitors who have not been pre-sponsored should expect long delays or should arrange to have their sponsor meet them at the gate.
Business hours are:
Mon, Tue, Thur, & Fri
7:30am – 3:30pm
7:45am – 3:30pm
Phone: (760) 763-8435
For Contractors & Vendors
Base Access Control is intended to process contractors & vendors who conduct official business aboard Camp Pendleton. The center is located in Bldg. 41501T adjacent to the Las Pulgas gate. (I-5 at Las Pulgas Exit) (See Map)
Mon-Thur. (Closed Fridays)
6am – 4pm
Phone: (760) 763-7604/7605
Active Duty and MCCS Employees Sponsorship Roster
- Download Sponsorship Roster
- Complete the roster, digitally sign it with your CAC and submit the roster from an approved domain (.mil/.gov) at least four (4) business days (Mon-Fri) in advance to: email@example.com
- Ask your visitors to pre-enroll in DBIDS. Note: To complete pre-enrollment, visitors must know the name, telephone number and email address of their sponsor.
- Direct your visitors to report to the Camp Pendleton Visitor Center (Bldg 20255T) to obtain DBIDS pass/credential. Visitors processed at the Visitor Center will have their identity proofed, be subject to a criminal history check, they will be photographed and fingerprinted. Visitors who are driving are required to show a valid driver’s license, state registration, and proof of insurance. Wait times may be significant.
- Sponsors can avoid the Visitor Center process entirely by meeting their visitor at the gate and escorting them in person.