- Marine & Family Programs
- Marine & Family Programs Home
- Community Counseling Center
- Employment & Job Search Assistance
- Family Care
- Family Advocacy Program
- Family Member Employment
- Family Readiness Branch
- Joint Education Center
- Marine & Family Career Center
- New Parent Support Program
- Personal Finance
- Relocation Assistance
- Retired Activities
- Sexual Assault
- Suicide Prevention and Awareness
- Transition Readiness
- Volunteer & Skills Development Program
- Recreation / Leisure
- Recreation Home
- Athletics / Varsity
- Auto Skills Center
- Fitness / Health
- Golf Course
- ITT Tickets / Travel
- Lake O'Neill
- Operation Adrenaline Rush
- Race Series
- Recreation Checkout
- Recreational Shooting
- Stepp Stables
- Single Marine Program (SMP)
- Youth Sports
- Shopping / Services
The Semper Fit Health Promotion Team at Camp Pendleton is dedicated to increasing productivity, reducing medical costs, and enhancing readiness by providing dynamic programs, education and services for healthy behavior and optimal wellness.
For information on fitness programs and fitness center locations, check out the web page here
Group Exercise Schedule ( pdf 788k )
Train The Trainer - Flier ( pdf 225k )
A 4-day class designed to give S-3 offices information they need to promote health within their units. A binder of presentations, a CD and information on the Semper Fit 9 Elements is provided. Classes are held at the Paige Fieldhouse Classroom, bldg 1110, on Mainside, from 8am-4pm.
Nutrition 101 - Flier ( pdf 788k )
First Wed of each month at the Paige Fieldhouse classroom, bldg 1110, Mainside. A FREE 1 hour class to help weight loss and learn to eat healthy. This is a great class if you need to lose weight, you’re on the BCP program or just want to learn how to eat healthy. Seating is first come first serve. Limited seating is available.
High Intensity Tactical Training (HITT) Course - Flier ( pdf 788k )
Two-Day Semper Fit Headquarters Marine Corps Training Course focusing on combat fitness and the High Intensity Tactical Training Program (HITT). Course includes hands-on training for TRX, Olympic lifting, kettlebells, dynamic movements and more. A certificate of completion is given to all participants. Active Duty Registration Only. For more information on HITT, click here.
Nutrition and Fitness for BCP - Flier ( pdf 788k )
One-Day course focusing on the fundamentals of eating and training to lose weight. Participants will learn how to help their BCP Marines with planning their diet and exercise program for life-long weight loss. Topics will include nutrient needs, healthy weight loss, fitness for weight loss, exercise and diet myths, supplements, and practical sessions. A certificate of completion will be given to all participants. Active Duty only.
Tobacco Cessation Classes - Flier ( pdf 788k )
Tue, Wed and Thu
Classes provide the tools for quitting and remain smoke-free. Free pharmaceutical agents are provided. Available to active duty personnel, family members, retirees & MCCS employees. Information and current classes registration, click here. For more information, contact Semper Fit Health Promotion. For information on quitting, visit ucanquit2.org.
Tobacco Cessation Services
Tobacco cessation counseling services are available through Semper Fit Health Promotion. Call for appointment:
- Mainside (760) 763-3793
- Del Mar Area (760) 763-8731
- Northern Camps (760) 763-0419
Mint snuff is available for free through the Health Promotion offices.
Medications such as patches, gum Zyban and Chantix are available at the following classes:
- 13 Area BAS-Wednesdays at 1pm
- 31 Area BAS-Mondays at 1pm
- 43 Area BAS-Call 763-0419 for schedule
- NH classes on Tues, Wed, Thurs at 8am. Check the schedule and sign up on-line
- Medications may also be available at your local BAS as a walk in service.
Quit Tobacco Make Everyone Proud
TRICARE Beneficiaries (who are not Medicare eligible) call TRICARE® Smoking Quitline:
- North Region: (866) 459-8766
- South Region: (877) 414-9949
- West Region: (866) 244-6870
Live Chat available 24/7
California Smoker's Helpline
Free phone counseling and materials are available through the California Smokers’ Helpline
California Smoker’s Helpline
California Chew Helpline
- Unit Briefs on Health Topics
- Cholesterol Screenings
- Blood Pressure Assessments
- Health Risk Assessments
- Resting Metabolic Rate Testing
- VO2 Testing
- Nutrition Counseling
- Warrior Training
- Educational Videos on Fitness and Health
- Resource Materials on Fitness, Nutrition, Tobacco Cessation, STD's
FREE and can be done in the Health Promotion Centers anytime. Get results within 5 minutes.
Health Promotion Nine Elements
Marine Corps Order P1700.29 ( pdf 3mb )identifies required elements of health in which every Marine is required to receive annual training:
- Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation
- Sexual health and responsibility
In addition, Marines are required to get two hours of annual trainingin the following:
- Physical Fitness
- Injury prevention
- Disease Prevention
Classes, programs and support for unit health are available in the above subjects as well as stress management, alcohol abuse prevention, suicide prevention, etc. Please call (760) 763-3794 or e-mail with requests.
The professionally trained staff provides a wide variety of programs and services. The Semper Fit Paige Fieldhouse is one of the largest in the Marine Corps. There are 13 fitness centers on base, each offering it’s own program and targeting specific needs. Fitness Web Page
USAA 101 Days of Summer
Congratulations to the 2013 winners from MCCS Semper Fit Health Promotion and title sponsor USAA!
1st Maint BN
1st Supply BN
1st Medical BN
1st Dental BN
Registration Form ( pdf 1mb )
2014 Dates: May 18-Sep 3
- Units will register to compete for cash prizes.
- Points for participating in the program will be earned by attending unit competitions, entertainment activities, and scheduling educational opportunities.
- The various activities scheduled as part of 101 Days will raise awareness of substance abuse, educate service
- members about recreational safety, promote responsible alcohol use, and offer fun, healthy alternatives as a viable option.