The Semper Fit Health Promotion Team at Camp Pendleton is dedicated to increasing productivity, reducing medical costs, and enhancing readiness by providing dynamic programs, education and services for healthy behavior and optimal wellness.
For information on fitness programs and fitness center locations, check out their web page here.
USAA 101 Days of Summer: May 18-Sep 3, 2014
- Units will register to compete for cash prizes.
- Points for participating in the program will be earned by attending unit competitions, entertainment activities, and scheduling educational opportunities.
- The various activities scheduled as part of 101 Days will raise awareness of substance abuse, educate service members about recreational safety, promote responsible alcohol use, and offer fun, healthy alternatives as a viable option.
Train The Trainer
A 4-day class designed to give S-3 offices information they need to promote health within their units. A binder of presentations, a CD and information on the Semper Fit 9 Elements is provided. Classes are held at the Paige Fieldhouse Classroom, bldg 1110, on Mainside, from 8am-4pm. See flier.
Sep 23-26, 2014 | Register Here
First Wed of each month at the Paige Fieldhouse classroom, bldg 1110, Mainside. A FREE 1 hour class to help weight loss and learn to eat healthy. This is a great class if you need to lose weight, you’re on the BCP program or just want to learn how to eat healthy. Seating is first come first serve. Limited seating is available. See flier.
Aug 6, Sep 3, Oct 1, Nov 5, Dec 3 | Register Here
High Intensity Tactical Training
Two-Day Semper Fit Headquarters Marine Corps Training Course focusing on combat fitness and the High Intensity Tactical Training Program (HITT). Course includes hands-on training for TRX, Olympic lifting, kettlebells, dynamic movements and more. A certificate of completion is given to all participants. Active Duty Registration Only. Download Flier.
Aug 26-29 – FULL – Email us to be added to the wait list.
Nutrition and Fitness for BCP
One-Day course focusing on the fundamentals of eating and training to lose weight. Participants will learn how to help their BCP Marines with planning their diet and exercise program for life-long weight loss. Topics will include nutrient needs, healthy weight loss, fitness for weight loss, exercise and diet myths, supplements, and practical sessions. A certificate of completion will be given to all participants. Active Duty only.
Aug 11 – FULL – Email us to be added to the wait list.
Tobacco Cessation Classes
Classes provide the tools for quitting and remain smoke-free. Free pharmaceutical agents are provided. Available to active duty personnel, family members, retirees & MCCS employees. Information and current classes registration, click here. For more information, contact Semper Fit Health Promotion. For information on quitting, visit ucanquit2.org. View flier.
Tue, Wed and Thu
Tobacco Cessation Services
Tobacco cessation counseling services are available through Semper Fit Health Promotion. Call for appointment:
- Mainside (760) 763-3793
- Del Mar Area (760) 763-8731
- Northern Camps (760) 763-0419
Mint snuff is available for free through the Health Promotion offices.
Medications such as patches, gum Zyban and Chantix are available at the following classes:
- 13 Area BAS-Wednesdays at 1pm
- 31 Area BAS-Mondays at 1pm
- 43 Area BAS-Call 763-0419 for schedule
- NH classes on Tues, Wed, Thurs at 8am. Check the schedule and sign up on-line
- Medications may also be available at your local BAS as a walk in service.
Quit Tobacco Make Everyone Proud
TRICARE Beneficiaries (who are not Medicare eligible) call TRICARE® Smoking Quitline:
- North Region: (866) 459-8766
- South Region: (877) 414-9949
- West Region: (866) 244-6870
Live Chat available 24/7
California Smoker’s Helpline
Free phone counseling and materials are available through the California Smokers’ Helpline
California Smoker’s Helpline
California Chew Helpline
SECNAV Instruction – Navy & Marine Corps Tobacco Policy ( pdf 115k )
BUMED Tobacco Control for Navy Medicine ( pdf 152k )
- Unit Briefs on Health Topics
- Cholesterol Screenings
- Blood Pressure Assessments
- Health Risk Assessments
- Resting Metabolic Rate Testing
- VO2 Testing
- Nutrition Counseling
- Warrior Training
- Educational Videos on Fitness and Health
- Resource Materials on Fitness, Nutrition, Tobacco Cessation, STD’s
FREE and can be done in the Health Promotion Centers anytime. Get results within 5 minutes.
Health Promotion Nine Elements
Marine Corps Order P1700.29 ( pdf 3mb )identifies required elements of health in which every Marine is required to receive annual training:
- Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation
- Sexual health and responsibility
In addition, Marines are required to get two hours of annual training in the following:
- Physical Fitness
- Injury prevention
- Disease Prevention
Classes, programs and support for unit health are available in the above subjects as well as stress management, alcohol abuse prevention, suicide prevention, etc. Please call (760) 763-3794 or e-mail with requests.
The professionally trained staff provides a wide variety of programs and services. The Semper Fit Paige Fieldhouse is one of the largest in the Marine Corps. There are 13 fitness centers on base, each offering it’s own program and targeting specific needs. Fitness Web Page