Lake O’Neill Recreational Park at Camp Pendleton offers fishing, hiking, watercrafts, rowboats, RV and tent camping, cabanas, playgrounds (includes ADA playground), basketball, softball, ADA miniature golf and a peninsula for group activities. For a complete list of prices and services, see the current facility price list.
Permitted year-round. The lake is stocked and bait is sold at the Lake O’Neill Recreation Office, Bldg 26080.
A variety of recreational equipment is available for rent: row & paddle boats, volleyball, basketball and baseball equipment, horseshoes and more!
Boats are only available for rent Fri-Sun 10am, April thru October. See price list for up-to-date pricing.
For large group activities including promotions, retirements and wedding receptions. Picnic cabanas, BBQ grills, a stage, electrical power and athletic facilities available. $300/day
Campsites offer water, electricity, sewer hookups and tent camping. ADA-friendly sites are available.
- Water, Electric & Sewage $25 Military ID per night / $30 Civilian per night
- Water & Electric $20 Military ID per night / $25 Civilian per night
- Dry Camping / RV or Tent $10 Military ID per night / $15 Civilian per night
- Tent Group (flat rate per person) $8 per night
See Management for Group Rates
- Bait Sales
- Ice Cream Sales
- Miniature Golf (18 Holes) $6 Military ID per person / $8 Civilian per person
- Row Boats $5 Military ID per hour / $7 Civilian per hour
- Row Boats w/ Motors $10 Military ID per hour / $15 Civilian per hour
- 4 Seat Pedal Boats$5 Military ID per hour / $6 Civilian per hour
- Triton Boat $15 per hour / $45 4 hours / $90 8 hours
- Pontoon Boat $20 per hour / $60 4 hours / $100 8 hours
- Volleyball Set (1 net, 1 ball & bag) $1 per hour / $3 half day (4hours) / $5 all day (8 hours)
- Basketball $1 per hour / $3 half day (4hours) / $5 all day (8 hours)
- Soccer Ball $1 per hour / $3 half day (4hours) / $5 all day (8 hours)
- Playground Ball Set $1 per hour / $3 half day (4hours) / $5 all day (8 hours)
- Football $1 per hour / $3 half day (4hours) / $5 all day (8 hours)
- Softball Set (2 Bats & 2 Softballs) $1 per hour / $3 half day (4hours) / $5 all day (8 hours)
- Horseshoe $1 per hour / $3 half day (4hours) / $5 all day (8 hours)
- Ladder Ball Set $1 per hour / $3 half day (4hours) / $5 all day (8 hours)
- Cabana Each $25 Military ID / $30 Civilian
- Peninsula $350 per hour / $400 Civilian
November – March – All campground reservations are being accepted from authorized patrons (all priorities) 12 weeks in advance. This does not include sponsored group camping reservations.
First Priority – Active duty stationed on marine corps installation: Reservations may be made 12 weeks in advance.
Second Priority – All other active duty and retirees: Reservations may be made 10 weeks in advance.
Third Priority – all other authorized patrons may make reservations 9 weeks in advance
Miniature Golf Rules and Regulations
- Patrons of all ages may go into the miniature golf area. However, any patron under the age of 12 is recommended to have parental supervision.
- Patrons age 4 and older will be charged the same rate as any other patron.
- Climbing on rocks and plants are not permitted.
- Driving of golf balls or any other dangerous behavior will result in removal from the golf course, without refund of fees.
Active duty military unit family days have priority over non-military unit functions (i.e.. key wives, boy scouts, ymca, church groups, etc.)
all military units are required to complete a military cabana request form.
Due to security purposes, no one can be permitted into the office to use the telephone. There is a pay telephone located next to both the campground and recreation offices. there are base emergency telephones located in the park; near
South of Lake O’Neill
Northwest of Lake O’Neill