Boarding & Lessons Available!
For information, please contact management at (760) 725-5094.
Boasting some of the best trail riding in San Diego, the Camp Pendleton Stepp Stables offers boarding, training and lessons. A friendly staff and trainers/instructors provide guidance for all levels of horsemanship at a competitive price. One hour Western, English, jumping and dressage lessons for ages 7 years & up. Private lessons available for ages 4-6. Instructors provide beginning to advanced training for horses to boarders. Lessons may be substituted for training days. Training must be paid in advance. Offered to active duty military personnel, family members, retirees and MCCS and DoD employees. Stepp Stables is the final resting place of Staff Sergeant Reckless, a famous horse veteran and Korean war hero. All lessons and trail rides by appointment only.
Open to the public for boarding and lessons.
Monthly Boarding Rates
Military / Civilan
- Owner Feeds Horse $220 / $240
- Barn Feeds Horse Once Per Day $280 / $300
- Barn Feeds Horse Twice Per Day $340 / $360
- Lot Pen Pasture $265 / $285
- Stall Cleaning 7 Days Per Week $90
- Supplements (Owner Supplied & Fed Daily by Barn) $20
- Feed Choices Alfalfa & Bermuda
- One Hour Group Lesson $40/rider
- One Hour Private Lesson $60/rider
- Half Hour Tiny Tot Lesson (Ages 4-6) $25/rider
- One Hour Group Trail Ride $50/rider
- One Hour Private Trail Ride $60/rider
- One Hour Intermediate/Advance Trail Ride $60/rider