Looking for adventure?
Recreation Checkout at Camp Pendleton assists with planning for a day’s trip, a week’s vacation, a unit function or a birthday party. Check out trailers, gas grills, tables/chairs, camping gear, a boat and jump houses!
Bring the following:
- Valid Military ID
- RV, boat or trailer registration with your name on it
- Credit Card – Auto-debit billing required for storage
- Measurements to ensure appropriate storage space
20’ Space – $45/mo
30’ Space – $61/mo
40’ Space – $81.50/mo
49’ Space and Over – $88/mo
Please download and print the following:
The Recreation Checkout Facility has everything you need to enhance your family day or unit event. All at no cost to you.
- Inflatable Jump Houses
- Sumo Suit games
- EZ UP Canopies
- Towable propane barbeques
- Towable charcoal barbeques (with or without electric rotisserie)
- Non-towable griddles
Connect with your Deployment Readiness Coordinator or Unit Readiness Coordinator in order to reserve your equipment.
- All Units reach out to their assign Deployment Readiness Coordinator (DRC)
- Available gear for Units to review is found above
- The DRC will fill out the unit gear request form and contract (found on above website) and will submit them to their respective M&FP Coordinator.
- All Unit requests are placed on reserve at that time and reservations are made 30-days out as first come, first serve
- Request agreement is between Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS), Marine Corps Base (MCB), Camp Pendleton, California, and the undersigned Uniformed/Deployment Readiness Coordinator (U/DRC) for the temporary loan of the Unit Gear.
- Gear can be picked up at 1100 and must be returned by 0930. If a unit returns gear late, the unit will be put on a no use restriction for a 30 day period. If a unit returns gear late, causing another unit to miss their reservation, the late unit will be put on a no use restriction for 60 days.
- Any replacement costs for missing parts/pieces, and/or any damaged equipment will be charged to the respective U&FRF cost center. Recreation Checkout will not accept any form of payment from a Service Member or U/DRC’s private bank account or insurance carrier. Recreation Checkout will send an invoice for payment to the U/DRC prior to charging the unit cost center.
- Unit gear is expected to be turned in clean and in good working order at the time of drop-off. Units will not be held liable for broken or non-functioning equipment when the defect is caused by normal wear and tear.
- The DRC does not have to be present to pick up or drop off gear. The unit POC for pick-up and drop-off are expected to inspect the equipment along with a Recreation Checkout Staff member. The pick-up POC for the units will have discretion to not accept gear that is not in good condition or not functioning properly.
- The DRC is ultimately responsible for the proper and timely pick-up, return, care of, and accountability of the equipment.
- The Unit Commander and U/DRC are responsible for the safety of anyone using the equipment. Recreation Checkout cannot be held liable for injuries or mishaps that occur during the use of loaned gear.
- It is incumbent upon the U/DRC to ensure that Service Members utilizing their POVs for pick-up or drop off have current registration, insurance and license.
- The undersigned U/DRC, on behalf of the respective unit, agrees to accept financial responsibility for all equipment returned late, missing parts/pieces, or damaged and in need of repair.
Fun equipment is available at a cost – please refer to our current price list and coordinate with your U/DRC for specific pricing, availability and process.