Protect What You’ve Earned (PWYE) is a simple decision-making framework, not a program. By orienting the Marine on his or her own actions, PWYE promotes internal individual accountability. PWYE reinforces key elements and standards of our Corps’ warrior culture: discipline, leadership, teamwork, action, accountability, excellence, and esprit. PWYE lives within our Core Values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment. Leaders may use PWYE as a catalyst for frank kneecap-to-kneecap dialogue with Marines, Sailors and family members about the risks and consequences of their individual actions.
A Message to all Marines
Marines work hard to earn and uphold the title of Marine. The primary goal of PWYE is eliminating high-risk decision-making; thereby reducing sexual assault, domestic violence, suicide, alcohol and other substance misuse-related incidents. PWYE encourages Marines to safeguard their lifetime investments through low-risk decision-making.
What does Protect What You've Earned mean to me?
- Don’t Engage in Risky Behavior / Know your limits, do’s and don’ts
- Police Your Own / Group Effort / It’s not just about you, consequences affect all
- Have a plan / Stay on track / Put right foot forward
- Engage Leadership / ORM
- Protect Heritage / Organization
- Think before you act
- Remember why you joined the Marine Corps (Core Values, Earning the title, “Brotherhood”)
- Pride in being a Marine and in your family name
- Worked hard to get where you are, protect and maintain that
- Don’t just look at being a Marine, look at your whole life
- Keeping happy, career, money, and family reputation